This is the stylish Pioneer SX-950. This receiver was offered by Pioneer from 1976 through 1977. It had a list price of around $600.00. This model was in the upper end of the quality range and sold well. The 950 is rated at 85 watts per channel into 8 ohms. It weighs just under 42 pounds.
- Weighted Analog Flywheel Tuning – NICE!
- Signal Strength Meter
- Tuning Precision Meter
- Stereo Signal Indicator Light
- Bass Level Control
- Treble Level Control
- Switchable Bass Cutoff Level For Precise Sound Control
- Switchable Treble Cutoff
- 4 Gang Tuning Section for Incredible Sensitivity!
- Switchable FM De-emphasis – Cleans Up Noisy Signals
- FM Mute Swtich for Quiet Tuning
- MPX Filter Cleans Up Noisy FM Reception
- Loudness Switch – Improves sound quality at low listening levels.
- High Filter Switch – Eliminates annoying hiss and static.
- Low Filter Switch – Reduces low end noise and protects your speakers.
- Stereo/Mono Switch
- Audio Mute- Instantly Reduce Volume
- Flat Switch – Aids in Adjusting EQ Settings
- Inputs For Aux (CD Players), Tape1, Tape2, Phono1, and Phono2
- Pre In/Out Jacks for Adding Equalizers, etc.
- Full Dubbing Capabilities Between Tape Decks
- Headphone Jack on Front Panel
- Drives A, B, C, or A+B Speakers
The Pioneer SX-950’s now sell for $600.00 to over $1200 depending condition.