This is the Fisher 800C tube receiver. The 800c and 500c are considered by some to be a couple of the best receivers ever made. The 800c and 500c are similar except that the 800c has AM as well as FM. The AM feature added an extra $40 to the list price so many people purchased the 500c instead. Nowadays the 800c is the harder of the two to find. It had a list price of $449.50 back in 1963.
The 800c put out 35 watts per channel. It utilized the 7591 output tubes and 12ax7 tubes in the preamp. It also featured:
- Backlit analog tuning dial
- Weighted flywheel tuning knob
- Bass, Treble and balance controls
- Signal strength meter
- 4 gang tuning section
- MPX filter
- Loudness switch
- High and low filter switches
- Inputs for Aux, Tape and Phono
- Front panel headphone jack
- A, B and A+B speaker settings
The 800C sell for between $500 and $900 depending upon condition.